These are the best Thanksgiving messages to send to friends, family, and co-workers
Thanksgiving is arguably the most important holiday in the US as it is celebrated in all 50 states and friends and family travel for hours between them to be together on this one special day.
American celebrate the holiday on the fourth Thursday of November each year, meaning Thanksgiving this year will be on Thursday November 24, 2022. The date always falls on the previous day Black Fridaywhich is also another major holiday in the US.
Thanksgiving is synonymous with loved ones gathering around large tables filled with delicious foods like giant turkey meals, mashed potatoes, macaroni cheese, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie, and everyone sharing the things they’re grateful for.
It’s also a time when people share cards or send text messages to their friends and family to wish them a happy Thanksgiving and let them know how much they mean to them. But what do you write in your card or text? Here are a few ideas.
What is Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated on separate days in the United States, Canada, Grenada, Saint Lucia and Liberia. It began as a day of thanksgiving for the blessings of the harvest and the previous year. Thanksgiving is celebrated in Canada on the second Monday in October and the fourth Thursday of November in the United States.
Thanksgiving is a common day for Americans to eat with family, attend church services, and watch special sporting events. Thanksgiving is also celebrated with parades such as the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in New York City and the ABC Dunkin’ Donuts Thanksgiving Day Paradein Philadelphia, America’s Hometown Thanksgiving Parade in Plymouth, Massachusetts; McDonald’s Thanksgiving Parade in Chicago; and Bayou Classic Thanksgiving Parade in New Orleans. Americans generally believe that the holiday season begins with Thanksgiving and lasts through New Year’s.
How can I wish someone Happy Thanksgiving?
The best way to start your Thanksgiving card is with a simple “Happy Thanksgiving” message. These are also things you might want to say to someone in person or over the phone. Here are some options:
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Have a blessed Thanksgiving
- Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family
What can I write in a Thanksgiving card or text?
After saying “Happy Thanksgiving,” you can write some more meaningful messages.
Here are some messages suitable for any card or text recipient:
News for the family
- Our homes may be far apart, but our hearts are as close as ever.
- May all the good things in life be yours, not just on Thanksgiving but throughout the year ahead.
- November is the time of gratitude, remembering and embracing those who enrich our lives. I am grateful for many things, but I am most grateful for you.
- Since today is a special day, I want you to know that I appreciate you every single day.
- Thank you mom and dad for giving me food, shelter and unconditional love
- Thank you *insert family member here* for always preparing spectacular meals over the years. Thanksgiving won’t be the same without your special dishes.
- Among all the wonderful things in this world, I am grateful to be part of such a wonderful, supportive and loving family.
messages for friends
- Here is a heartfelt thank you to you for the hope, peace and joy you bring into my life.
- Hope you are surrounded by the love of your loved ones during this festive season. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
- May your blessings multiply this year and throughout your life.
- May you enjoy this celebration with your family full of laughter and peace.
- I want to thank you for all the times you’ve been there for me. You are so special and important to my life. I hope you have a memorable Thanksgiving.
- There is nothing better than having a friend who will stand by you in good times and bad. Thanks for being my friend. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
- The gift from close friends is best of all. Thanks for being there to share so many wonderful memories.
Messages for colleagues
- Thanksgiving is just another day to say that you have always been so wonderful to work with.
- I never get the Monday morning blues because of fun co-workers like you. Many Thanks. I hope you are enjoying your time at home with those you care about this holiday season.
- It’s a pleasure working with you. I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving.
- Sending autumn greetings to you and your family, I wish you a holiday season of peace, gratitude, and abundance.
- I wish you a harvest of blessings, good health and good times.