DUBLIN, November 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Added CRISPR Technology Global Market Report 2022, By Product Type, By Application, By End-User ResearchAndMarkets.com Offer.
The global CRISPR technology market is expected to continue growing $1064.91 million in 2021 to $1327.27 million in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.6%. The growth is largely due to businesses resuming operations and adjusting to the new normal while recovering from the impact of COVID-19, which previously led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, teleworking and the resulting commercial closures Activities had resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $3112.26 million in 2026 at a CAGR of 23.7%.
The main product types of CRISPR technology are design tools, plasmid and vector, CAS9 and G-RNA and delivery system products. CRISPR-Cas9 is a breakthrough technology that allows geneticists and medical researchers to edit parts of the genome by removing, inserting, or altering DNA sequences. The various applications include genome editing or genetic engineering, genetically modified organisms, agricultural biotechnology and others and are used by multiple sectors such as industrial biotechnology, biological research, agricultural research, therapeutics and drug discovery.
The application of CRISPR technology as a diagnostic tool is expected to boost the market during this period. The Sherlock CRISPR SARS-CoV-2 Kit is the first CRISPR technology-based diagnostic kit for infectious diseases caused by COVID-19. in the May 2020, the FDA announced emergency use clearance for Sherlock BioSciences Inc’s Sherlock CRISPR SARS-CoV-2 Kit, which is a CRISPR-based SHERLOCK (Specific High-Sensitivity Enzymatic Reporter UnLOCKing) diagnostic test. This test helps to specifically target SARS-CoV-2 virus RNA or DNA sequences from specimens or specimens such as nasal swabs from the upper airways and fluid in the lungs from bronchoalveolar lavage specimens. This diagnostic kit has high specificity and sensitivity and does not give false negative or positive results. Expanding the application of CRISPR technology for diagnosing infectious diseases will increase the demand for CRISPR technology products and services.
Strict government regulations are expected to delay the growth of the CRISPR technology market during the period. There is no internationally agreed regulatory framework for gene editing products, and countries are in the process of evaluating whether and to what extent current regulations governing gene editing-related research and applications and products are appropriate. The Court of Justice of the European Union ruled that it would treat genetically modified plants as genetically modified organisms subject to strict regulations. in the April 2019, the Australian government stated that the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) will only regulate gene-editing technologies that use a template or insert other genetic material into the cell. According to a 2020 article, in IndiaAccording to the National Guidelines for Stem Cell Research, genome modification, including gene editing by CRISPR-Cas9 technology, from stem cells, germline stem cells or gametes and human embryos is limited to in vitro studies only. Hence, strict government regulations are jeopardizing the growth of the market.
Several advancements in CRISPR technology are trending in the market during the period. Advances in technology will help reduce errors, limit unintended effects, improve tool accuracy, expand its applications, develop gene therapies, and more. In 2019, a study published in Springer Nature announced the development of an advanced, super-precise new CRISPR tool that would give researchers more control over DNA changes.
1) By product type: design tools; plasmid and vector; Cas9 and G RNA; Delivery System Products
2) By Application: Genome Editing/Genetic Engineering; genetically modified organisms; agricultural biotechnology; Other
3) By End User: Industrial Biotech; biological research; agricultural research; therapeutics and drug research
Main topics covered:
2. Market Characteristics of CRISPR Technology
3. CRISPR Technology Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on CRISPR Technology
5. CRISPR Technology Market Size and Growth
6. CRISPR Technology Market Segmentation
7. Regional and country analysis of the CRISPR technology market
8. Asia Pacific CRISPR Technology Market
9. China CRISPR Technology Market
10. CRISPR Technology Market in India
11. Japan’s CRISPR technology market
12. Australian Market for CRISPR Technology
13. Indonesia CRISPR Technology Market
14. South Korea’s CRISPR Technology Market
15. Market for CRISPR technology in Western Europe
16. UK CRISPR Technology Market
17. Germany market for CRISPR technology
18. France CRISPR Technology Market
19. Eastern Europe CRISPR Technology Market
20. CRISPR technology market in Russia
21. North America CRISPR Technology Market
22 United States of America CRISPR Technology Market
23. South American CRISPR Technology Market
24. Brazil CRISPR Technology Market
25. Middle East CRISPR Technology Market
26. CRISPR Technology Market in Africa
27. Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles in the CRISPR Technology Market
28. Major mergers and acquisitions in the CRISPR technology market
29. Future Outlook and Potential Analysis of CRISPR Technology Market
- ThermoFisher Scientific
- GenScript Biotech Corporation
- CRISPR Therapeutics AG
- Edita’s medicine
- Horizon Discovery Plc.
- Integrated DNA Technologies Inc. (Danaher)
- Origen Technologies Inc.
- Transposagenbio Biopharmaceuticals (Hera Biolabs)
- Intellia Therapeutics Inc.
- GeneCopoeia Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- New England Biolabs Inc.
- Sangamo therapeutics
- Applied Stem Cell
- Novartis International AG
- Genesis Inc.
- GE Healthcare Dharmacon Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Caribou Life Sciences
- Synthego Corporation
- Precision Life Sciences
- Cellecta Inc.
For more information about this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/53w4y5
research and markets
Laura WoodSenior managers
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For US/CAN, call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets